eBay search engine gives a much higher priority to listings that have a relevant title. To make your life easier, we created a mechanism to let you create relevant titles for your eBay listings.
Title optimisation can be found within eBay Sync > Title Optimisation.
Creating title optimisation rules
- On your Wordpress admin area, click on eBay Sync > Title Optimisation
- At the top right corner, click "Create new title rule". By default, it will create a new rule with "Product Name"
- To add text to the title, click "+". It will show a list of WooCommerce custom attributes and "Add text" at the bottom of the menu
- If you want to create an attribute replacement rule, click over the attribute you want
- If you want to create a free-text entry, click "Add text", then click over the white block and type the text you want
- Free-text entries can be edited by clicking on the icon at the top left corner of the block
- Free-text and custom attribute entries can be deleted by clicking on the icon at the top left right of the block
- You can drag-and-drop blocks to re-order the rules
Creating a default rule
Sometimes a single rule will be sufficient for most of the products in your store. Creating a default rule will apply your title optimisation rule to all products in your store that haven't already been assigned a title optimisation rule. To set a default rule, select the "Set as default" radio button then click "Save changes".
Applying title optimisation rules to categories & products
- Select the cog in the right hand corner of the rule, the rule will expand
- From here you can select whether you want the rule applied on a category or product basis, or both
- Once you have made your preference, scroll down and select "Save changes"
Creating custom title rule names
Keeping track of multiple rules can get confusing which is why we provide the ability to edit the name of your title rules.
To edit a title rule, simply mouse over the name of a rule, select the text field and type the name. Once you have set the name, select "Save changes".