As WooCommerce categories and attributes don't always exactly align with eBay's categories and item specific's we have created a tool which will allow you to map categories and attributes to eBay's equivalent categories and item specifics.
We have broken this tool down into the following components:
- Category Mapping - To map whole WooCommerce categories to eBay categories
- Category Mapping (Product view) - To map an individual product to a specific eBay category
- Attribute Mapping - To map WooCommerce's attributes to eBay's item specifics
Mapping can be found within eBay Sync > Mapping.
eBay requires every listing to be associated with at least one eBay category. As you are free to create categories on WooCommerce, they can (and probably will) differ from eBay categories. So, in order to send a product as an eBay listing, firstly we need to associate your products to eBay categories.
To make your life easier, we created mechanisms to map WooCommerce categories and products to eBay categories. Using it you can easily associate groups of products to a given category.
We also created a smart mechanism that suggests what products should be associated to what eBay categories automatically.
When you access the Category Mapping page, you will see two sections:
- To confirm: Automatically suggested categories for your products. Just select the items and confirm to associate to the suggested categories.
- To do: Products that didn't have an automatic suggested category. You can still select multiple products and associate to an eBay category.
Category Mapping (Product view)
Sometimes category mapping on a product level is required when a product doesn't fit with the other products that were bulk mapped to an eBay category. To map products in product view select "Product view" on the category mapping page.
eBay uses item specifics to help its users to get just the listings with certain attributes, such as brand, colour and size. WooCommerce also allows you to create custom attributes for your products.
As eBay item specifics and WooCommerce custom attributes might have slightly different names, we created a page where you can replace your WooCommerce attribute names by eBay item specific names.
To map attributes:
- On the WordPress Admin page, click over eBay Sync > Mapping
- Select "Attribute Mapping"
- We will auto-detect all your custom attributes on the column first column, named "WooCommerce attribute"
- On the second column, called "eBay item specific", we provide the most common eBay item specifics
- Still on the second column, we will try to automatically detect equivalent attributes and suggest them to you
- If you don't want any of the values provided on the second column, you can create your own item specific name on the third column
- The values will be automatically saved and taken into account in your next products synchronisation